A few things have been happening lately that I am extremely pleased about.
1. Perry has almost totally completed his "daddy to do list." Last thing is install car seat but hopefully he'll get to that tomorrow after work. Our travel system
2. The weather has officially turned absolutely beautiful! Pregnant in flip flops, yipee!
3. I've gotten to a point in the nursery that I would refer to as, "finished." Perry wants that in writing but I'm serious. I've finished washing all of Hazel's tiny little things, Perry reconstructed her entire closet and I've organized all of her clothes (by age) until my heart is content. That was a small mountain to climb.
4. All of the really important items on my registry have been obtained. While most of the semi-important things have been gotten as well. : ). This makes me feel prepared even if it's just on a superficial level. Items that I still want but can wait to be purchased are...
everyday diaper bag or this one
electric breast pump (I might end up renting this from the hospital)
electric breast pump (I might end up renting this from the hospital)
5. I've transitioned my two geriatric kitties into their new home out in the garage/ "kitty fun room" and they seem totally content! I had so much guilt doing this at first but it has seriously improved our quality of life and I worry so much less about things getting urinated on in the house. I don't think I realized how much repressed anxiety I had regarding finding pillows, plastic bags, dropped articles of laundry, kitchen rugs, bath mats soaked in cat pee on a daily basis. What a burden lifted! And my house smells great!
6. My crazy nesting instincts have made it possible to clean a ridiculous amount of my two story house when normally I can't even go through a meal without laying down haha. All I have left is a deep cleaning of our master bath and vacuuming every soft surface in the house. We'll see if that sends me into labor!
7. I finally decided on/ ordered/ received/ and have pre-washed my starter cloth diapers! I got a few different things to try out to see what is the best system for baby Hazel. I can't wait to make my first attempt at them!
8. AND Perry installed an awesome hammock in our backyard! Hazel will look so cute in it for her summertime pictures!



No comments:
Post a Comment