Latest news of note... baby Hazel has started eating solid food! And by solid food I mean really runny rice cereal. She'll be on that for a week or two and then it's onto bananas, sweet potatoes, carrots, and apple sauce! Her faces are totally priceless and at first even if she loves it she makes a disgusted face and spits it out. How do I know she likes it you may ask? Well, after the first taste she immediately grabs the spoon and tries to cram the second spoonful in her mouth as fast as possible. Her tiny hands are completely covered in mush slapping her booster seat tray, touching her wispy blonde hair, and even rubbing her eyes. Poor thing. By the time her mini meal is over her gruel is crusted all over her face. I spend most of her baths just trying to get it out of her nose haha. I can't decide if should get a plastic bib or let her go just diaper during these meals. I really dont think the bib would do much other than instill the habit of her wearing one at every meal. Which is definitely important for the future. My camera is downstairs so you'll have to wait for pictures. They are incredibly adorable which makes the gigantic task of baby feeding easier. I mean seriously, this is the start of years of negotiating, struggling, begging, and bribing all in the name of teaching her to eat healthy. Lord, let me be patient and successful.
p.s. Our pedi told us we should start with rice ceral bc it is a single grain cereal. That way if she has an allergic reaction we know what's causing it... the rice. As opposed to mixed or multi grain, where we woldn t know which grain was causing the reaction. But so far so good. No reactions beside some interesting diapers. ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment