I actually think my morning sickness is getting better! I don't want to jinx it or anything but it has to be a sure sign that when i woke up this morning I had a strong desire to cook something wholesome for my husband tonight. Cook?? Just preheating the oven has made me nauseas these past 3 months. So I'm taking it as a sign that soon I'll be back to my old self in the kitchen... hopefully!
On the menu for tonight I'm thinking -
Autumn Oven Pot Roast

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 pounds rump roast
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- veggies of your choice (red potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, corn, peas, etc)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and black pepper to taste. Dredge the rump roast in the flour and cover evenly. Shake off excess.In a large pot over medium/high heat, melt the butter & brown the roast on all sides. Place in a 4 quart casserole dish w/ lid.In a small bowl, combine the soup mix, mushroom soup, and vermouth or white wine; pour over roast.Cover and bake in preheated oven for 3 hours or until desired doneness.Add veggies during last hour and half so they don't over cook.
And a cameral flan for dessert.
Ingredients:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt sugar until liquefied and golden in color. Carefully pour hot syrup into a 9 inch round glass baking dish, turning the dish to evenly coat the bottom and sides. Set aside.In a large bowl, beat eggs. Beat in condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla until smooth. Pour egg mixture into baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.Bake in preheated oven 60 minutes. Let cool completely.To serve, carefully invert on serving plate with edges when completely cool.Garnish creatively!
No comments:
Post a Comment