- two baby showers (my side and Perry's side) that far exceeded my expectations. And resulted in so much baby loot that we're having to make another trip down to refill up our car.
- hunted cheesy tourist shops for beachy whatnots to put in the nursery.
- did some shopping with Morgan to help cozy up her new little house. Accent color, orange!
- attended a Lion King ballet with Max, Zora, Len and some other friends after pizza.
- had a sleepover with Len which involved lots of talking, a really good movie, and Regina Spektor
- conducted many conversations on soft couches in front of the fire place with my Dad about childbirth
- walked on a windy beach with Perry and Ming. I took pictures for the nursery. Perry took pictures of my belly against the rocks and sea.
- watched home videos with my mom from when I was a baby. During which I got the distinct feeling that my father was like Rhett Butler and Morgan and I were his Bonnie Blues.
- Had fantastic home cooked food at my sweet in-laws house. One meal involving steaks cooked in their cast iron pot bellied stove along with the best sweet tea of my life.
- Savored fudge and to-die-for sushi with my sisters but not at the same time. Mmmmmmmm Fancy Q.
- Slept over at Morgan and Taylor's place making me their very first house guest. It was so neat sleeping under high horizontal windows. It felt like I was camping outside with the shadows of oak trees cast onto the bedroom walls.
- Visited my Papa's shop and farm with Perry and Taylor to see if there was anything we wanted to keep before it all starts getting cleaned out. Sad and very nostalgic but I got a few pictures. I told Taylor when we get older and have our children we'll have to rebuild some of the best things about the farm. Like the stables, chicken coop, grape vine, and riding rink.


that makes me sad about the farm....
ReplyDeletei am so happy for you that you had such a beautiful trip home.
i love you !