Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A little less than 2 months to go!

Sorry I've been a total blog slacker. Most of my time lately has been spent getting the nursery as ready as possible for a baby shower my sweet friends are throwing for me this weekend. It's really coming together and I LOVE it! Just got all of the crib bedding via FedEx today so I'm about to go upstairs and try that out. Let's see, what else...... Perry and I attended our first child birth class this past Monday. They'll continue every Monday night for the next 3 weeks. I pretty much already knew most of everything the instructor told us but poor ol' Perry was certainly not prepared for the natural birthing video that we watched. I whispered to him, "baby, you don't have to watch this" b/c his face and lips were ghost white and thats always a sign of impending unconsciousness with my sweetheart. He didn't pass out, thank the Lord. But he was just as uncomfortable as every other man in the room. Graphic videos like that I think are definitely a positive b/c they dispel the fear of the unknown. And that's way better than your own imagination going to work along with the exhaustion and "hard work" of labor. This sounds insane but I'm really looking forward to the birth. Sure, I've got my repressed apprehensions. But going through the whole life changing process and having Hazel here will be the most glorious reward. Nothing truly worth anything is easily obtained, right?

Below are some pregnancy pics that Perry took for me the last time we were on St. Simons Island. I edited them in Photoshop and they are perfect.



1 comment:

  1. You look great pregnant! And by the way, you have the cutest haircut!

    ReplyDelete