It's official... we're moving to North Carolina in 11 days! Where has the time gone???
I think i'm focusing more on being excited then how sad it will be to leave Atlanta, my home for the past 6 years since having gradated college. But there are a lot of neat things in the area that we're moving to. Just thought ya'll might like a little insight into the new town that we'll be calling home... Greensboro, NC.
This is the farmer's market I'm looking forward to living near. I've always wanted to do my grocery shopping at a farmer's market.
Piedmont Triad Farmers Market
Moose Cafe- Perry has eaten here a couple of times for lunch. All of their ingredients come from the local farmer's market. Morgan I know you'll want to this out for sure : ). http://eatatthemoosecafe. com/
Here is the apartment complex that we'll be renting for about a year. Our apartment will be 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms on the first floor. It also has a really nice closed in deck which will be Simon's new home.
Below is a floor plan of the apartment.
Where we'll be on a map
About Greensboro, NC
Located between the mountains of North Carolina and the Atlantic Coast, Greensboro boasts the gently rolling hills of the Piedmont triad area as well as a mild climate and a "village within a city" atmosphere. Visitors can enjoy area's world-class golf, a revitalized turn-of-the-century commercial and industrial district, boutique and antique shops, and a wealth of restaurants. The Barn-Dinner Theatre, reputed to be America's oldest dinner theatre, draws guests to enjoy theater in the round while feasting on an exceptional meal. From Revolutionary War sites to antebellum plantations and Underground Railroad depots, this city is steeped in history, offering guest a chance to learn about the past. Step back in time and spend a few hours at the Heritage Center, which chronicles the birthplace of Civil Rights sit-ins, or enjoy a lazy day touring an area plantation such as the Mendenhall Plantation. Whatever your choice--shopping, theater, history - you're sure to find something in this growing NC city.
Things to do in Greensboro
I hope that takes the mystery out of it for some of ya'll. We love you and I plan on keeping everyone updated as much as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment